PRESENTED BY: MIDLAND SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
Applications are due by March 29, 2019
Scholarship guidelines and selection timeline:
- Applicants must be an instrumental student (excluding piano) and Midland County resident in 9th, 10th or 11th grade.
- A selection committee will review audition recordings and choose finalists who will perform a live audition before a panel of three judges.
- Past recipients of the scholarship are only eligible to win two out of three grade levels.
- Live accompaniment is expected for the final audition, if selected.
- Judges reserve the right not to award the scholarship if auditions are not up to standard.
- Total prize money available is $1,200 (subject to availability from the endowment fund) and is to be applied for further musical study (i.e. summer camp, private lessons, etc.) There may be multiple winners, who would share funds as determined by the judges.
- Finalists will be selected for a live audition by mid-April.
- Finalist auditions date is to be determined.