Get top discounts on the Great Lakes Bay Region’s best entertainment and exclusive season-long benefits!
Enjoy savings up to 25% over single ticket prices – in addition to the best available seating!
By becoming a Series Subscriber, you’ll receive:
- BIGGEST DISCOUNTS – Up to 25% off single ticket prices AND you’ll be able to purchase additional Center performances at a subscriber rate when the full season is announced on June 1
- GET THE BEST SEATS – Preferred seating for every performance
- FREE EXCHANGES – Plans change? No worries! Apply your ticket value to another Center 2017-18 season event at no extra charge, no later than 24 hours prior to your event.
- NO LINES – Tickets are mailed to you in advance
- EXCLUSIVE EVENTS – Get invitations to private events open only to subscription holders.
It’s easy to buy!
- VISIT – Stop by and our Ticket Office staff will be happy to assist you:
Monday – Friday: Noon – 6 pm
Saturday: Noon – 6 pm
- CALL – Call us at 800.523.7649 and we will be happy to assist you. See hours above.
- MAIL – Send a completed order form with payment to:
Midland Center for the Arts
Attn: Ticket Office
1801 W. Saint Andrews Road
Midland, MI 48642
Don’t miss these key dates!
- APRIL 24 – Series Subscriptions on sale
- MAY 22 – Purchase your Series Subscriptions by this date for priority seating with a donation
- JUNE 1 – Deadline for installment billing (50% due at time of purchase and 50% due by 6/1/17)
- JUNE 13 – More stage events will be announced, subscribers can add-on tickets or you can pick 4+ shows to create your own season
- AUGUST 4 – Last day to order 2017-18 Series Subscriptions
- AUGUST 7 – Single tickets for all individual events go on sale to the public
Please also check out our tips section below for more information on ordering.
Make a difference by adding a donation!
Did you know ticket sales pay for only 30% of operating expenses? Individual contributions are essential to our future vitality. Play your part by including a tax-deductible donation with your subscription. Your generous support is an investment in the arts and educational programs in the community.
Include a donation of $100 or more with your subscription and receive these benefits in addition to those already listed:
- Priority seating based on donation level and date received
- 10% discount on purchases at Intermission the Museum Store
- 2 admissions to the Alden B. Dow Museum of Science & Art
- Recognition in performance programs
- Access to the Donor Lounge
- VIP parking
- And more!
Elf the Musical
November 17 & 18, 2017 – 7:30 pm
November 18 & 19, 2017 – 2 pm
Elf is the hilarious tale of Buddy, an orphan baby transported to the North Pole in Santa’s bag of gifts. Based on the beloved 2003 New Line Cinema hit, this modern-day Christmas classic is sure to make everyone embrace their inner Elf.
January 12 & 13, 2018 – 7:30 pm
January 13 & 14, 2018 – 3 pm
Chicago has everything that makes Broadway great: a universal tale of fame, fortune and all that jazz; one show-stopping song after another; and the most astonishing dancing you’ve ever seen.
*Adult language and subject matter.
Cirque Eloize: Saloon
March 2 & 3, 2018 – 7:30 pm
March 3, 2018 – 2 pm
Inspired by the rich legacy of the Wild West, Saloon transports audiences to a dusty gathering place where the infectious energy of folk music and strains of fiddle set the tone for a mad flurry of acrobatic comedy.
May 3, 4 & 5, 2018 – 7:30 pm
May 5, 2018 – 2 pm
Go behind the music and inside story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons in the Tony Award-winning musical phenomenon.
*Adult language and subject matter.
WoW (Windows on the World) Series
Cas Public: Symphonie Dramatique
October 17, 2017 – 7:30 pm
Recognized on international stages for the daring physicality of its dance, Cas Public has secured its reputation with works of exceptional quality. In Symphonie Dramatique, 8 dancers present a vibrant homage to the most famous love story of all time: Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.
January 19, 2018 – 7:30 pm
With vibrant a cappella harmonies set to Brazilian rhythms and a joyous stage show, Ordinarius has breathed new life into Brazil’s most beloved songs, from traditional choros to the music of Carmen Miranda.
March 11, 2018 – 7:30 pm
Direct from Argentina, the all-male powerhouse Che Malambo is a fiery, percussive dance and music spectacle that celebrates the unique South American cowboy tradition of the gaucho.
L.A. Theatre Works: The Mountaintop
April 8, 2018 – 3 pm
April 2018 marks the 50th anniversary of the death of Martin Luther King Jr. In her internationally acclaimed play, playwright Katori Hall offers a glimpse at the final hours – and the human side – of the Civil Rights leader. Winner of the prestigious Olivier Award for Best New Play.
*Adult language and subject matter.
April 14, 2018 – 7:30 pm
Juilliard-trained musician Cameron Carpenter is smashing the stereotypes of organists and organ music. Hear him – and be WOWed – when he brings his one-of-a-kind, cross-genre digital organ to our stage!
CLASSIC SYMPHONY Series
Opening Night: Beer, Brahms & Bourbon
October 7, 2017 – 7:30 pm
Mix, mingle and have a brew! Our special opening night features Michigan beers and bourbon flights. The orchestra performs Brahms’ exuberant final symphony; and Bartok’s popular concerto.
Sponsored by Merrill Lynch – The Iles Schropp Group
Time for Three
November 4, 2017 – 7:30 pm
Time for Three returns to Midland for a concert that hits the shuffle button. Using a playlist of classical-pop modern mash-ups – from Beethoven’s Ninth, to Hamilton, to Mahler’s Symphony No. 1, U2 and Mozart’s Requiem – they create something familiar yet brand-new.
Sponsored by Hilliard Lyons
Holiday Pops: Dianne Reeves – Christmas Time is Here
December 8, 2017 – 8 pm
The pre-eminent jazz vocalist in the world, Grammy Award winning Dianne Reeves rings in the holiday season with music from her celebrated album, Christmas Time is Here. Reeves melds her timeless grace, elegance and charisma into unforgettable jazz renditions of holiday favorites such as Carol of the Bells, Christmas Waltz, Let It Snow and many more.
Sponsored by The Dow Chemical Company
Tales of Hemingway
February 3, 2018 – 7:30 pm
World-renowned cellist Zuill Bailey performs Michael Daugherty’s Grammy-award winning concerto that brings four of Ernest Hemingway’s classic novels and stories to life. Beethoven’s tumultuous and mysterious Seventh Symphony closes the program.
Take Two & Mahler 5
April 21, 2018 – 7:30 pm
Internationally acclaimed piano twins Christina and Michelle Naughton join the MSO to perform French composer Poulenc’s captivating and jaunty Double Piano Concerto. Closing the program, the orchestra takes on the classical equivalent to climbing Mount Everest, Mahler’s monumental Fifth Symphony.
Sponsored by Wells Fargo Advisors
THEATRE LOVER Series
Fiddler on the Roof
September 22, 23, 29, 30, October 5, 6 & 7, 2017 – 7:30 pm
September 24, October 1 & 8 – 3 pm
The winner of nine Tony Awards features iconic characters and beloved songs such as “Sunrise, Sunset,” “If I Were a Rich Man,” and “Matchmaker, Matchmaker.” A heartwarming family story that still rings familiar today.
January 13, 19, 20, 25, 26 & 27, 2018 – 7:30 pm
January 14 & 21, 2018 – 3 pm
Poisoned apples. Glass slippers. Prince Charming. Who needs ’em? Snow White and her posse of sassy princesses prove that everyone has a dark side when they toss off their tiaras in an absurdly cheeky (and definitely NOT for the kiddos!) theatrical romp that’s anything but Grimm.
*Adult language and subject matter.
Oedipus the King
February 16, 17, 23 & 24, 2018 – 7:30 pm
February 18 & 25, 2018 – 3 pm
Witness King Oedipus’ fall from power as he discovers that no man – not even a king – can avoid his fate. Presented in the round incorporating innovative music, mask and movement with on-stage seating.
Peter and the Starcatcher
May 5, 11, 12, 18 & 19, 2018 – 7:30 pm
May 6 & 13, 2018 – 3 pm
Take an exhilarating adventure to Neverland to answer the question: How did Peter Pan become The Boy Who Never Grew Up? A dozen actors portray more than 100 unforgettable characters in this enchanting Tony Award winner.
PREMIER CHORAL Series
The Voice of Baseball!
November 18, 2017 – 7:30 pm
Whether you’re a baseball fan, a music fan – or both – don’t miss this concert! The Chorale provides color and context to important moments in baseball history with favorites like “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” and “Casey at the Bat.” Special guest: the “Radio Voice of the Tigers” Dan Dickerson!
Jingle: A Holiday Extravaganza
December 16, 2017 – 7:30 pm
The combined Center Stage Choirs sing your favorite tunes of the season! This high-energy concert, featuring over 200 voices raised in song, is sure to make you tap your toes and sing along as we all prepare for the most wonderful time of year.
April 28, 2018 – 7:30 pm
The Center Stage Chorale and local high school choirs join together for an evening of uplifting choral music including Schubert’s Mass in G, one of his most famous and enduring works.
Camerata June Concert
June 24, 2018 – 7 pm
Cool off with the ever-refreshing Camerata Singers. Repertoire ranging from classical favorites to contemporary a cappella. Your ears will thank you!
We’ve worked hard to make ordering tickets to the many events in the 2017-18 season as easy as possible, but with literally thousands of possible combinations, we realize that it can be complicated. With that in mind, please consider these tips that will help you make your decisions for the 2017-18 season, whether you are new to the Center or have been subscribing for years:
- If you generally like events that are thematically linked (e.g. theatre, choral music), you will probably be most interested in the fixed series subscriptions listed above. Fixed Series Subscribers receive priority seating and the biggest discounts. And anyone who purchases a fixed series subscription may purchase any number of other stage events at a discount.
- If you prefer a variety of events, you will probably be most interested in creating your own season and picking 4+ shows. You will be able to pick 4 or more shows starting June 14. When you purchase at least 4 events, you will receive up to a 10% discount. You will also secure your seats before individual tickets go on sale to the public on August 7. You may purchase a different number of tickets to each event, so feel free to invite friends to join you for any or all of the performances in your season – but you must purchase at least 4 different events to qualify for the discount.
Please make sure we have your email address on file.
The Center sends event-related information via email a few days before each event. Please be sure that the Ticket Office has your correct email address on file and that you are not on the do-not-mail list.
All sales are final.
Subscribers may exchange tickets for free up to 24 hours prior to the event. The value of the exchanged ticket(s) will be applied to another Center 2017-18 event. We cannot hold a credit on your account.
The Center offers a diverse selection of programs.
Not all productions may appeal to or be appropriate for every person or for all ages. Therefore, patrons are responsible for making informed decisions regarding their ticket purchases. Contact the Ticket Office if you have questions regarding age appropriateness or content.
Everyone must have their own ticket.
Children are always welcome; however, regardless of age and even if you expect a child to sit in an adult’s lap, everyone must have a ticket to enter the venue.
A processing fee is applied to every order.
The Center applies a processing fee to most performance tickets. There is a one-time fee of $10 for subscribers that is specifically used to maintain and upgrade our facilities.
We have wheelchair accessible and no-step seating available.
Please make sure needs are known when reserving your seats. Please note that our theatres do NOT have elevators.