Time for Three – String Trio
Ranaan Meyer, double bass; Nick Kendall, violin; Charles Yang, violin
First half of the program ~ 25 minutes
Second half of the prgram ~ 60 minutes
Ticket Prices (not including processing fees):
Adult $43.00 / $34.00
Saturday, November 4, 2017 – 7:30 pm
WHAT’S INTERESTING ABOUT THIS CONCERT:
• Time for Three returns to Midland for a concert that hits the shuffle button with a playlist of classical-pop modern mashups.
• A mashup takes elements of two or more pre-existing pieces of music and combines them to make a new song.
• Time for Three creates something familiar yet brand new with their own arrangements of Beethoven Symphony No. 9, Hamilton, U2, Mahler Symphony No. 1, Guns N’ Roses and Mozart. The trio jokes they think Gustav Mahler and Axl Rose would have really hit it off.
• The orchestra opens the program on the first half with two suites from Manuel de Falla’s Spanish ballet Three Cornered Hat (~25). Listen
• The ballet is about a happily married miller and his wife living in a town where the local governor, who wears a three-cornered hat, falsely arrests the miller to keep him away from his home so he himself can pursue the miller’s wife. The miller escapes jail, finds the governor asleep and swaps clothes with him and the governor, now dressed like a miller, is re-arrested and the happy couple is reunited.
• If you are new to classical music, or think the classics are only for those of a certain age, then this symphony concert will open your eyes to new possibilities.
Tips for a Fun Night Out:
Bring your drinks to your seats
Phones on and silent allowed
Clap when you want to clap